[alsa-devel] alsa-info.sh debugging script

Travis Place wishie at wishie.net
Sat Feb 9 14:23:31 CET 2008

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 12:23:19 am Travis Place wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:01:04 pm Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> > On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Travis Place wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I am new to this list, so be nice please :P
> > >
> > > I am the author of the alsa-info.sh debugging script, and heard you may
> > > want to use it within ALSA.. I have been speaking to Tobin, and he
> > > mentioned that a few things may need to be added (like alsactl output).
> > >
> > > I just want to get some ideas of things i can add, and if they should
> > > be included automatically, or require a --with-alsactl (for example).
> > >
> > > I have added the alsactl output to the script now, its included by
> > > default.. Any other ideas/changes that need to be made ?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	First, thank you for your contribution. I just played with script
> > and added alsactl functionality, too. (Sorry for duplicate work.) Also, I
> > made few other changes to show --help, --about, --update without
> > /tmp/alsa-info.txt file processing.
> > 	The alsa-info.sh is hosted in HG repository now available at:
> >
> > http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh
> > http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/log/tip/alsa-info.sh
> >
> > 						Jaroslav
> >
> > -----
> > Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>
> > Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
> > ALSA Project, Red Hat, Inc.

> Also note, the --update code is fairly flawed, and prone to errors, but it
> was ok, since i was manually controlling the version numbers, and knew what
> to avoid.. basically, if the version number on the server is different at
> all (higher OR lower) it will download the copy from the server.. perhaps
> someone can help implement a better mechanism..
>
> To be honest, this script was my first real bash script.. I was (and still
> am) a bash newbie, so to speak.
>
> Travis Place

I am still adding features to the alsa-info.sh script from time to time, with
support for encrypting posts, and tidying up the scripts output etc..

How can i get these up to the HG repo ?

Thanks,
Travis Place

--
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can
feel its warmth