[alsa-devel] alsa-info.sh debugging script

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Sat Feb 9 16:48:54 CET 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 23:23 +1000, Travis Place wrote:

> I am still adding features to the alsa-info.sh script from time to
> time, with
> support for encrypting posts, and tidying up the scripts output etc..
>
> How can i get these up to the HG repo ?

First thing to do is install mercurial.  It should be available for your
distribution.  If not, get it here:
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/

Once that is installed, set up a development directory, cd into it, and
type "hg clone http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa" (this is where your
script has been added - other hg repos have alsa-driver, alsa-kernel,
alsa-lib, etc).

Now that you have a working copy of the repository, you can edit your
file in here.  Periodically, and especially before you upload a patch,
type "hg pull" from within the repository you are working with to sync
with the main branch, then either run "hg diff -r tip <file>" to
generate a patch for mailing, or I think you can push back to the main
pool with "hg push" (someone else will need to jump in here as I email
all my patches for peer review).

--
Tobin Davis

Cold, adj.:
	When the politicians walk around with their hands in their own pockets.