[alsa-devel] alsa-info.sh debugging script

Travis Place wishie at wishie.net
Mon Feb 4 15:23:19 CET 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:01:04 pm Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Travis Place wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am new to this list, so be nice please :P
> >
> > I am the author of the alsa-info.sh debugging script, and heard you may
> > want to use it within ALSA.. I have been speaking to Tobin, and he
> > mentioned that a few things may need to be added (like alsactl output).
> >
> > I just want to get some ideas of things i can add, and if they should be
> > included automatically, or require a --with-alsactl (for example).
> >
> > I have added the alsactl output to the script now, its included by
> > default.. Any other ideas/changes that need to be made ?
>
> Hi,
>
> 	First, thank you for your contribution. I just played with script
> and added alsactl functionality, too. (Sorry for duplicate work.) Also, I
> made few other changes to show --help, --about, --update without
> /tmp/alsa-info.txt file processing.
> 	The alsa-info.sh is hosted in HG repository now available at:
>
> http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh
> http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/log/tip/alsa-info.sh
>
> 						Jaroslav
>
> -----
> Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>
> Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
> ALSA Project, Red Hat, Inc.

Also note, the --update code is fairly flawed, and prone to errors, but it was
ok, since i was manually controlling the version numbers, and knew what to
avoid.. basically, if the version number on the server is different at all
(higher OR lower) it will download the copy from the server.. perhaps someone
can help implement a better mechanism..

To be honest, this script was my first real bash script.. I was (and still am)
a bash newbie, so to speak.

Travis Place

--
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can
feel its warmth