[alsa-devel] alsa-info.sh debugging script

Travis Place wishie at wishie.net
Mon Feb 4 15:20:58 CET 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:01:04 pm Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Travis Place wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am new to this list, so be nice please :P
> >
> > I am the author of the alsa-info.sh debugging script, and heard you may
> > want to use it within ALSA.. I have been speaking to Tobin, and he
> > mentioned that a few things may need to be added (like alsactl output).
> >
> > I just want to get some ideas of things i can add, and if they should be
> > included automatically, or require a --with-alsactl (for example).
> >
> > I have added the alsactl output to the script now, its included by
> > default.. Any other ideas/changes that need to be made ?
>
> Hi,
>
> 	First, thank you for your contribution. I just played with script
> and added alsactl functionality, too. (Sorry for duplicate work.) Also, I
> made few other changes to show --help, --about, --update without
> /tmp/alsa-info.txt file processing.
> 	The alsa-info.sh is hosted in HG repository now available at:
>
> http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh
> http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/log/tip/alsa-info.sh
>
> 						Jaroslav
>
> -----
> Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>
> Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
> ALSA Project, Red Hat, Inc.

Ok, no worries.. did you happen to see my alsactl additions too ? are yours
similar ? Did you notice the !! infront of lines that we want pastebin.ca to
colour code for us ?

If we need anything else on the pastebin side of things, i can help there too,
as i have a developer login and code access for pastebin.ca .. For example,
we can make an output type to suit us.. currently im using "script log" which
the pastebin.ca owner made especially for this script. We can also encode
posts, and make them expire if we wish.

Also, do you think we can add Real Names, or maybe email addresses to
the --about output ?

Travis Place.

--
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can
feel its warmth