[alsa-devel] alsa-info.sh debugging script

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Mon Feb 4 13:01:04 CET 2008

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Travis Place wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new to this list, so be nice please :P
>
> I am the author of the alsa-info.sh debugging script, and heard you may want
> to use it within ALSA.. I have been speaking to Tobin, and he mentioned that
> a few things may need to be added (like alsactl output).
>
> I just want to get some ideas of things i can add, and if they should be
> included automatically, or require a --with-alsactl (for example).
>
> I have added the alsactl output to the script now, its included by default..
> Any other ideas/changes that need to be made ?

Hi,

	First, thank you for your contribution. I just played with script
and added alsactl functionality, too. (Sorry for duplicate work.) Also, I
made few other changes to show --help, --about, --update without
/tmp/alsa-info.txt file processing.
	The alsa-info.sh is hosted in HG repository now available at:

http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh
http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/log/tip/alsa-info.sh

						Jaroslav

-----