[alsa-devel] question for the all-knowing - firewire audio hardware

John Rigg aldev at sound-man.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 13:14:58 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 02:28:43PM -0800, S. Aguinaga wrote:
> Thank you, I went to the site and downloaded everything (including the dependencies, to be able to build ffado) but ran into one problem:
> The README file says to launch the daemon, but it fails:
>
>   jackd -v  -d firewire
> getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/jack/jack_alsa.so
> getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so
> getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/jack/jack_freebob.so
> getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/jack/jack_oss.so
> jackd: unknown driver 'firewire'

Do you have more than one version of jack installed, eg. one
in /usr/lib and one in /usr/local/lib? You might have seen
this already, but it's important:
http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/AvoidingParallelInstallations.

If the documentation at ffado.org doesn't help you solve the
problem, the jack-devel mailing list might be a better place
to ask.

John