[alsa-devel] my udev rules are breaking my dmixer setup why?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Wed Dec 3 18:56:37 CET 2008

Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

>>> As response to:
>>> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-November/012366.html
>>>
>>> I am not sure if it is good practice to repose to an RFC if so please
>>> tell me then we will continue the discussion in the RFC thread.
>>>
>>> Thank you Jaroslav for creating the patch this is really appreciated, if
>>> all things work I will send you some dutch stroopwafels :-D
>>>
>>> I am just curious how you patch can be used with udev? What did you have
>>> in mind?
>>>
>>> Would something like this be possible:
>>>
>>> SUBSYSTEM=="sound", ACTION="add" KERNELS=="3-1",
>>> NAME="snd/by-id/audiodevice0"
>>> SUBSYSTEM=="sound", ACTION="add" KERNELS=="3-2",
>>> NAME="snd/by-id/audiodevice1"
>> No, something like this:
>>
>> SUBSYSTEM=="sound", ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="controlC*", KERNELS=="3-2", \
>>   ATTR{device/id}="audiodevice1"
>>
>>> pcm.!default {
>>>    type plug
>>>    slave.pcm dmixer
>>> }
>>> pcm.dmixer {
>>>    type dmix
>>>    ipc_key 1024
>>>    slave.pcm hw:audiodevice0
>>> }
>> This looks OK.
>>
>> 					Jaroslav
>
> Thank you Jaroslav, that looks great.
>
> So how does this work now, will the RFC be applied to the alsa devel
> repository, or does it need to be tested by an alsa committer and signed
> of first?
>
> Then it will come in the developers repository? When is the next alsa
> release planned that will include this patch? Any ideas how long the
> Debian maintainer takes before creating a new binary package I currently
> running Debian sid with (Source: alsa-driver Version: 1.0.17.dfsg-4)
>
> Or is it possible that the Debian maintainer can patch the current
> 1.0.17.dfsg-4 with the new created patch?
>
> Or is it wanted that I build the current development code create a test
> package and test it on my systems and provide feedback?
>
> What would you want me to do?
>
> Thank in advance,
>
> Jelle

Hi all,

I was just wondering how I can follow the patch [1], when will it come
into an official alsa tarball, then i can request a wish bug at the
Debian maintainer to package the tarbal for Debian experimental/sid.

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-November/012366.html

Best regards,

Jelle