[alsa-devel] RME HDSP driver enhancements for HDSPe cards
ptitjes at free.fr
Wed Oct 17 11:22:20 CEST 2007
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
First, sorry for the cross-post, but as i did not know where to start, i
wanted to ask to both lists.
I bought a RME HDSPe PCI card. I should receive it in the following
days. My plan is to:
1) Determine whether the current driver works as is with the HDSPe cards
and make my report to both lists.
2) Enhance the current driver in order to take profit of the new feature
(32bit float format)
However, i am new to Alsa, Jack and HDSP driver internal code structure.
So i wanted to collect informations and hints as where to start from and
be the most efficient in starting the work as i can.
Could you please give me links as to:
- - General Alsa driver structure and data flow
- - Work done by Alsa HDSP driver and work done by Jack (I ever thought
most of the work is done by Jack as my current HDSP PCCard do not work
with Alsa only)
- - Parts of the Alsa HDSP driver that would a priori need changes.
- - Parts of Jack that would a priori need changes.
Thank you very much for your help.
I hope i did not bother everyone with my newbie questions.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Alsa-devel