[alsa-devel] 1.0.15rc3 patch_analog.s bug + fix

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Oct 15 13:29:50 CEST 2007

At Sun, 14 Oct 2007 22:53:03 -0400,
Peter Skensved wrote:

>      Hi,
>   I've come across a problem with the 1.0.15rc3 alsa driver on my Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop using
> the auto mute feature - it appears to work backwards !  Plugging in the headphones unmutes the
> external speakers and unplugging the heaphones mutes them ...
>
>   Changing the if statement in line ~600 in patch_analog.c in ad1986a_update_hp to
>
>     if (!spec->jack_preset)
>
> makes it work the intended way.  ( spec->jack_present changes state  _before_ the call to
> ad1986a_hp_automute )

Hmm, the code logic looks correct to me.  If HP jack is present, the
internal speaker should be muted.  Otherwise it follows the state of
HP jack (muted/unmuted, that acts as a master switch).

Is jack_present set/reset correctly when HP jack is plugged/unplugged
at all?  Or, the pin NID is swapped, or any other reason?

Thanks,