[alsa-devel] 1.0.15rc3 patch_analog.s bug + fix

Peter Skensved peter at jay.phy.queensu.ca
Mon Oct 15 04:53:03 CEST 2007

     Hi,
  I've come across a problem with the 1.0.15rc3 alsa driver on my Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop using
the auto mute feature - it appears to work backwards !  Plugging in the headphones unmutes the
external speakers and unplugging the heaphones mutes them ...

  Changing the if statement in line ~600 in patch_analog.c in ad1986a_update_hp to

    if (!spec->jack_preset)

makes it work the intended way.  ( spec->jack_present changes state  _before_ the call to
ad1986a_hp_automute )

                                                              peter

----

Peter Skensved                          Email : peter at SNO.Phy.QueensU.CA
Dept. of Physics,
Queen's University,
Kingston, Ontario,
Canada