[alsa-devel] ICE1712/1724 HW mixing?

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Sat May 19 04:28:38 CEST 2007

On 05/18/2007 12:14 PM, Alan Horstmann wrote:

>> Could you "cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/info" (replace the 0,0 with
>> where your 6Fire PCM is at) and confirm that "subdevices_count" is
>> larger than 1 to confirm it's HWMIXing in the ALSA sense?
>
> subdevices_count: 1
> Lee has explained this confusion:- this card has a hardware mixer but
> does not do 'Hardware Mixing' in the Alsa sense! Thanks for that Lee!

Thanks. Will leave out "HWMIX" from the ICE1712/1724 card tags.

>>> The DMX6fire has both optical and phono SPDIF connectors
>> Both both input and output?
>
> Yes. The two inputs can be switch selected; the outputs are in parallel.

Thanks again, just added "RCAio" to the 6Fire.

>> I've for example added "ANALOGio" to every single card on the TerraTec page
>> which felt a bit silly.
>
> Actually as I understand it, the EWS88D is essentially digital (ADAT etc) only
> though it seems to have a secondary low-grade audio out for system sounds
> etc.

You're right, just checked the manual. I see the driver creating a 8/16-bit
8-48 kHz "ICE1712 consumer" PCM that I suppose will be the one that ends up
at that backplate analog out. The "low-grade" will be fairly relative so
I'll leave in the ANALOGio tag for the ES88D as well. If someone reading
this knows better, please yell...

Rene.