[alsa-devel] ICE1712/1724 HW mixing?

Alan Horstmann gineera at aspect135.co.uk
Fri May 18 12:14:01 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 23:53, you wrote:
> On 05/16/2007 10:27 AM, Alan Horstmann wrote:

> > Hardware mixing of 10 inputs and 10 outputs is provided. In the notes, it
> > is probably worth mentioning Envy24control, a mixing/control tool
> > dedicated to this chipset?
>
> Could you "cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/info" (replace the 0,0 with where
> your 6Fire PCM is at) and confirm that "subdevices_count" is larger than 1
> to confirm it's HWMIXing in the ALSA sense?

subdevices_count: 1
Lee has explained this confusion:- this card has a hardware mixer but does not
do 'Hardware Mixing' in the Alsa sense!  Thanks for that Lee!

> > The DMX6fire has both optical and phono SPDIF connectors
>
> Both both input and output?

Yes. The two inputs can be switch selected; the outputs are in parallel.

> > and a wavetable connector in the front box (for use with DB50XG etc),
> > and works fine since 1.0.12.
>
> That connector might be worth a Tag-WaveBlaster or similar.

> I've for example added "ANALOGio" to every single card on the TerraTec page
> which felt a bit silly.

Actually as I understand it, the EWS88D is essentially digital (ADAT etc) only
though it seems to have a secondary low-grade audio out for system sounds
etc.

http://productsen.terratec.net/
modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=7

Regards  Alan