[alsa-devel] Audio driver for OMAP 730 based board - hpw to migrate from OSS to ALSA

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:18:55 CEST 2007

Hi
I am new here and have slight idea about the Linux audio drivers.
I am working on OMAP 730 based p2-sample board. AFAIK, there is no audio
driver support for this board. I have found
2.4 drivers for the same board which I have ported to 2.6, but it is an OSS
driver.

So, the questions:

1. Has anyone written audio drivers for the above mentioned board? Any plans
to make them open source? Any pointers will be useful regarding the same.

2. How should I go about migrating the OSS driver to ALSA, if something like
this is necessary?

3. Any resources which will be helpful for writing ALSA drivers?

Thanks & regards,
Pharaoh.