[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] ALSA Newbie - Getting Ensoniq SoundscapeVivo to work?

Hannu Savolainen hannu at opensound.com
Sat Apr 28 13:52:15 CEST 2007

Rene Herman kirjoitti:
> On 04/28/2007 07:06 AM, Cody Jung wrote:
>

>> As it suggests in the subject, I'm both a Linux-newbie and an
>> ALSA-newbie. I have an old clunker of a machine running Ubuntu Feisty
>> that I built out of parts left on curbs during spring cleanup, and that's
>> how I came across my sound card. It's an Ensoniq SoundscapeVivo (Not a
>> Vivo90, AFAIK).
>>

> As far as I'm aware, there are no other VIVO's than the VIVO90.

Wrong. VIVO and VIVO90 are different models but I can't remember exactly
what was the difference (maybe VIVO90 was PnP and VIVO just plain ISA).
Both models were supported by earlier versions of OSS (not OSS/Free).
ISA drivers are no longer included in OSS but older 3.9.8 version
(requires 2.4.x kernel) still has it.

Best regards,

Hannu