[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] ALSA Newbie - Getting Ensoniq SoundscapeVivo to work?

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 00:39:30 CEST 2007

On 04/28/2007 01:52 PM, Hannu Savolainen wrote:

> Wrong. VIVO and VIVO90 are different models but I can't remember exactly
> what was the difference (maybe VIVO90 was PnP and VIVO just plain ISA).

Okay, thank you for the information. The one I have here has a large sticker
on it saying "Soundscape VIVO90" but "ENSONIQ SoundscapeVIVO" as the PNP ID
so I assumed they were probably the same thing...

> Both models were supported by earlier versions of OSS (not OSS/Free). ISA
> drivers are no longer included in OSS but older 3.9.8 version (requires
> 2.4.x kernel) still has it.

Given that OSS no longer supports ISA drivers -- no source for these would
be available, would it? I have a specific hobby interest in these old ISA
soundcards.

Rene.