[Sound-open-firmware] Error compiling SOF with newer Xtensa configuration

Daniel Baluta daniel.baluta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 16:33:59 CET 2020

Hello Liam, Tomasz,

We are trying to upgrade the toolchains (gcc/xtensa) based
on RI-2019.1-linux.

Anyhow, we are hitting the following error:
/work/repos/sof/sof/src/arch/xtensa/xtos/core-restore.S: Assembler messages:
/work/repos/sof/sof/src/arch/xtensa/xtos/core-restore.S:241: Error:
unknown opcode or format name 'addi.a'

I wonder if you met this kind of error before at toolchain upgrade. I
suspect that something
has changed and we somehow need to update the xtos/ directory too.

Daniel.