[Sound-open-firmware] Distribution of sof firmware and tplg files

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Fri Jan 10 18:09:06 CET 2020

> ok, I this should also include the ldc files. I will remove these from
> linux-firmware.
>
> This would mean that:-
>
> 1) linux-firmware would just contain versioned firmware binaries. Soft
> link would link to latest version unless driver quirk or user (via
> module param) request earlier version.

How would we map an .ldc file to the .ri file in linux-firmware?

the .ldc is generated at the same time as the .ri firmware, they go
together. Distributing them through separate channels is a recipe for
invalid traces. Murphy's Second Law is "if you provide people with means
to break your solution they will"