realtek ALC1220 : recording samplerate 10x too slow

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Mar 23 10:34:59 CET 2022

On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 01:49:34 +0100,
fenugrec at mail.com wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> > Is audacity recording via pulseaudio?
>
> It's set to "ALSA" for its host interface, and it doesn't seem to offer other options.
>
> Other software like obs-studio works fine. I haven't done a comprehensive survey but I'm happy to try other methods. I doubt this is an audacity bug since even after exiting, it leaves my audio device in a broken state.

Does it communicate with alsa-lib pulse plugin?  Or is it the direct
ALSA device access?  The exact setups are unclear, so it's difficult
to guess what's going on.

> > That is, if you keep arecord running (over pulseaudio), and
> > start audacity in parallel
>
> Good idea . I just tried, and the recording becomes garbled at the precise instant where audacity is started !

Do you mean that the sound from arecord gets garbled?
And, did you record with arecord, or with parecord?  And if it's
arecord, is it over pulseaudio (with alsa-lib pulse plugin)?

> > without the need of complex sound system setup.
>
> This is already as simple as I can make it .... reboot,  run arecord / audacity, and the problem is 100% repeatable.

No, I mean the way to trigger without audacity but only with simple
arecord or other command-line sequences.