Ability to set ALSA PLUGIN DIR, etc. at runtime via environment variables

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Sat Sep 26 15:02:11 CEST 2020

alsa-project/alsa-lib issue #82 was opened from peanutbutterandcrackers:

Hello there,

I would like to request a feature to set things like `ALSA_PLUGIN_DIR` etc during runtime using environment variables. Currently, these seem to be set-able only at build-time, or by using a `.asoundrc` file.

Or, if something like that is already possible, please do point me to the relevant documentation. Thank you very much.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib/issues/82
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib