Lenovo m720s combined audio jack not working (ALC233)

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 4 17:35:22 CEST 2020

> What sort of "event" are you talking about? I see events on the input
> device that's associated with the jack, though I don't know how that
> gets routed inside ALSA.

The values of '* Jack' mixers are used by UCM, so you can look at them
with amixer. I can never remember the amixer syntax so what I do is list
the controls with 'amixer -Dhw:0 controls' and then check their values
with 'amixer -Dhw:0 cget num_id=<num_id from list>'

> In any case, the module option seems to bring it back to a working
> state. Any hints as to what to do now for the PulseAudio bug report if
> I wanted to diagnose and report this is a UCM problem?

ok, that's progress if this is not a codec issue :-)

I only have a limited understanding of jack detection, but all UCM
configs for your case should be in [1].

I would check if the value of the controls with amixer and maybe if the
control name is wrong. Today 'Headphone Mic Jack' or 'Mic Jack' are
used, and I wonder if this is 'Front Headphone Jack' in your case. Maybe
you can share the alsa-info results so that we can all check if there's
a naming issue.

[1]
https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/blob/master/ucm2/HDA-Intel/HiFi-analog.conf