[alsa-devel] ChromeBook machine will lose MIC JD

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Mar 13 11:50:49 CET 2019

On Thu, 07 Mar 2019 20:49:22 +0100,
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Dne 07. 03. 19 v 9:11 Kailang napsal(a):
> > Hi Jaroslav,
> >
> > I need to check with Intel chrome audio team for the name change.
> > But chrome OS used 'alc-sense-combo' for early patch file.
>
> But with your patch, the ALC225_FIXUP_HEADSET_JACK and
> ALC295_FIXUP_CHROME_BOOK do a different thing, so it's not a simple
> replacement. Your chrome book fixup is not universal, so it should be
> distinguished in my opinion.

Yeah, ideally this should be implemented in another model name.

But, in this particular case, the original quirk was provided
specifically for Chromebook (despite of its generic model name
"alc-sense-combo"), and since Chromebook is already using this string,
it's better to keep the string as before.  That is, the risk of
breakage for other users of this model name is much lower than the
burden of changes of the fixed string for Chrome, I suppose.

So I'm going to take the patch as is -- as an exception.

> Also, please, inline your patches or use ;git send-email' command to
> send your commit to this ML for a review.

Right.  But I thought it was some problem in Kailang's company network
to use git-send-email.  But some other people from Realtek seem
capable to send patches in the git way, so it can be doable, as it
seems.

thanks,

Takashi