[alsa-devel] Restart alsa-gi project as alsa-gobject project

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Sat Dec 28 05:30:50 CET 2019

Hi Jaroslav,

On Wed, Dec 25, 2019 at 12:11:29PM +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> > For alsa-gobject repository, I file two PRs for improvements:
> >   * https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-gobject/pull/1
> >   * https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-gobject/pull/2
> >
> > I'm glad if you grant these requests and merge. Or would I
> > merge them by myself? I think that we have no concrete policy
> > to maintain the repository.
>
> Could you keep to maintain this repository? You should have all rights set
> on github.

Thanks for your arrangement. I merged the PRs.

Well, now I'm working for userspace services to add/maintain control
elements for sound cards bound to audio and music units on IEEE 1394
bus. The services listen application's events from ALSA control character
device to control internal DSP on the units. The services are programmed
with libraries of alsa-gobject and libhinawa by Rust languages. For
this work, I generate Rust crates for these libraries by gtk-rs/gir[1].

Next year, I'd like to add repositories for the crates, listed
below:

 * alsa-gobject-rs-sys
   * sys crates for libraries in alsa-gobject
 * alsactl-rs
   * safe API crate for libalsactl0
 * alsaseq-rs
   * safe API crate for libalsaseq0

Additionally, I'll push libhinawa v2 release to GObject Introspection
team of github.com/alsa-project and corresponding Rust crates. Thus
below repositories will be added:

 * libhinawa
 * hinawa-rs-sys
   * sys crate for libhinawa2
 * hinawa-rs
   * safe API crate for libhinawa2

I'm glad if you accept my proposal for the above repositories next year.
Have a great holidays.

[1] https://github.com/gtk-rs/gir

Takashi Sakamoto