[alsa-devel] bug report. Envy24 based card (terratec ews88d) won't slave to external clock via s/pdif.

Pavel Hofman pavel.hofman at ivitera.com
Fri Aug 3 08:29:58 CEST 2018

Dne 2.8.2018 v 22:03 Tobias Eklund napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> when trying to clock my terratec ews88d from an apogee rosetta AD it just
> won't. The s/pdif input works but the card won't lock to the s/pdif clock
> but rather stay at whatever setting it was at before i change to s/pdif in
> envy24control or mudita24.

Hi,

I do not see any implementation of incoming rate monitoring in the
EWS88D source code
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/c0da4fa0d1a54495d6055c009ac46b76d1da2c86/sound/pci/ice1712/ews.c
I do not think the driver covers these features.

If you want to add the functionality, look e.g. at how Juli  does the
incoming rate monitoring  (juli.c, scheduled task in ak4114
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/sound/i2c/other/ak4114.c#L617
). Unfortunately the code for checking is rather complex.

With regards,

Pavel.