[alsa-devel] bug report. Envy24 based card (terratec ews88d) won't slave to external clock via s/pdif.

Tobias Eklund tobias.h.e.eklund at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 22:03:21 CEST 2018

Hi,

when trying to clock my terratec ews88d from an apogee rosetta AD it just
won't. The s/pdif input works but the card won't lock to the s/pdif clock
but rather stay at whatever setting it was at before i change to s/pdif in
envy24control or mudita24.

Since I have another converter slaved via ADAT out I can tell what sample
rate is being output via ADAT sync. Works perfectly for setting the sample
rate in envy24control but not when i choose external clock and change the
rate on the Apogee AD. Also, audio recorded through the s/pdif input is
obviously at the wrong rate when changing the rate on the Apogee AD.

I found this old discussion which seems to describe the same problem:
http://alsa-devel.alsa-project.narkive.com/30mvygRD/m-audio-delta-1010lt-s-pdif-clock-source-not-working

Also, there is a problem with the alsa-info.sh script, it didn't give me
url to share. Just the message Your ALSA information is located at
Please inform the person helping you.
If the alsa-info.sh output is required i'll post it in an e-mail.

kind regards,
--
Tobias Eklund
Fatburs Brunnsgata 31