[alsa-devel] working with a Tascam US-122mkII

Nicholas Bailey Nicholas.Bailey at glasgow.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 13:39:29 CET 2016

We have a bunch of US122 (originals) which stopped working in the manner you
describe several years ago. I made a half-hearted attempt to fix them at the
time involving git bisecting the kernel source, but it got very untidy. The
original developer isn't on the project any more? Not sure. Not having much
experience with the USB stack and less with the audio drivers, I ran out of
time and was forced to give up.

I did set undergraduate projects to fix this issue at BSc and MSc level, but
nobody would touch it. Which is sad. I spoke about it to some friends in CS,
but nothing happened.

I don't know if it's even the same bug but it sounds very similar. There were
also issues using the MIDI interface.

Nick/.