[alsa-devel] [question] Sample rate IC followed by DAC

Matt Flax flatmax at flatmax.org
Fri Nov 4 10:22:43 CET 2016

Hi there,

I have a sample rate converter IC, which is followed by a DAC. This kind
of setup :

SoC chip -> Sample rate conv. chip -> DAC chip

I also have the reverse for the ADC... but this question is about the
DAC path.

How do you construct a machine driver for this setup ?

Only the Sample rate converter ICs use the SoC I2S bus, the DAC and ADC,
sit outside the I2S scope of the SoC... however all chips require I2C
control.

Unfortunately the silicon only supports an older 3.14 kernel.

Can it be something like this :

static struct snd_soc_dai_link sr_dai[] = {
     {
         .name         = "Sample-rate-for-DAC",
         .stream_name     = "playback 0",
         .cpu_dai_name     = "nxp-i2s.0",