[alsa-devel] No sound from Headphone Jack over Lenovo Docking Station with T440p Laptop

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 13:47:41 CET 2013

>    Hello, I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T440p laptop connected to an Ultra
>    Docking Station. Sound works fine over Laptop Speakers and the 3,5mm
>    Headphone Jack. However that is not the case when I connect the T440p
>    to the Docking station Type 40A10065EU and use the Headphone Jack at
>    the Dock. I've tried loading the alsa module with the "model=thinkpad"
>    or "model=lenovo-dock"  without success. My Distro is Gentoo and the
>    Kernel is 3.13-rc4.

Do your dock station has one headphone and one mic Jack or just one combo
headset Jack ?

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=PD029485

Connect headphones or a headset that has a 3.5-mm (0.14-inch), 4-pole plug
to the audio connector to listen to the sound from the computer.

Remove the following lines

>    options snd cards_limit=1
>    #options snd-hda-intel model=thinkpad
>    options snd-hda-intel model=thinkpad enable=1 index=0
>    options snd-hda-intel model=hdmi enable=1 index=-2

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c?id=108cc108a3bb42fe4705df1317ff98e1e29428a6

lenovo-dock expect dock headphone Jack and dock Mic Jack ?

Post the output of alsa-info.sh when thinkpad is docked and not docked with
headphone pluggedd and unplugged