[alsa-devel] No sound from Headphone Jack over Lenovo Docking Station with T440p Laptop

Nicolas Kalkhof nkalkhof at web.de
Thu Dec 19 11:05:30 CET 2013

   Hello, I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T440p laptop connected to an Ultra
   Docking Station. Sound works fine over Laptop Speakers and the 3,5mm
   Headphone Jack. However that is not the case when I connect the T440p
   to the Docking station Type 40A10065EU and use the Headphone Jack at
   the Dock. I've tried loading the alsa module with the "model=thinkpad"
   or "model=lenovo-dock"  without success. My Distro is Gentoo and the
   Kernel is 3.13-rc4.

   alsa.conf:
   # ALSA portion
   alias char-major-116 snd
   # OSS/Free portion
   alias char-major-14 soundcore
   ##
   ## IMPORTANT:
   ## You need to customise this section for your specific sound card(s)
   ## and then run `update-modules' command.
   ## Read alsa-driver's INSTALL file in /usr/share/doc for more info.
   ##
   ##  ALSA portion
   ## alias snd-card-0 snd-interwave
   ## alias snd-card-1 snd-ens1371
   ##  OSS/Free portion
   ## alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
   ## alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
   ##
   # OSS/Free portion - card #1
   alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
   alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
   alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
   alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
   alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
   ##  OSS/Free portion - card #2
   ## alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
   ## alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
   ## alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
   alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
   alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
   alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
   # Set this to the correct number of cards.
   options snd cards_limit=1
   #options snd-hda-intel model=thinkpad
   options snd-hda-intel model=thinkpad enable=1 index=0
   options snd-hda-intel model=hdmi enable=1 index=-2

   lspci -vv and dmesg goes here: [1]http://pastebin.ca/2510939

   Any Help?