[alsa-devel] hdsp rpm support

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Mon Feb 13 16:06:11 CET 2012

On 01/18/2012 11:54 AM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation...

[RME HDSP RPM]
> May I ask kindly for the 'other' version of the driver, which I would be
> happy to test?

As already mentioned by Fons, there are so many differnt versions now
that I hardly remember which one is supposed to work. ;)

    http://adi.loris.tv/hdsp_20111031.tar.bz2

seems to be a combined archive. It contains two versions of the driver,
the first (hdsp.c) is more or less what's in current alsa-driver, the
other one (hdsp-test.c) is what turned out to be working for one user,
so you would do

    mv hdsp-test.c hdsp.c

followed by

    make install

Note that this driver uses hdsp.ko as the module name in contrast to
snd_hdsp.ko from your tree, so you might need to add

blacklist snd_hdsp

to /etc/modprobe.d/foobar.conf

Please report back.

Final remark: For some devices (digiface, multiface, iirc), the firmware
filename was too long. mv /lib/firmware/hdsploader/* /lib/firmware/ did
the trick, but iirc, the RPM wasn't affected.

Cheers