[alsa-devel] Problem setting mixer switch with amixer/alsactl.

Oliver Ford ipaqlinux at oliford.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 00:56:49 CEST 2008

Mark Brown wrote:
> Please send an alsactl save file with the offending configuration

Attached.
I saved this file when the audio was working (i.e having turned the
offending control on with alsamixer) but restoring it stops it working.

> - I'll try to reproduce (though possibly not before Monday).

Thanks.

> Could you please also expand on "audio stops working" - for example, do
> you get any diagnostics in dmesg, do applications appear to think they
> are running normally, is there any noise at all (eg, static) and do any
> other audio paths work?

No unusual dmesg output, the apps think nothing is wrong.
It seems that just the offending control (or the actual DACL/R -> SPKMIX
mixer channel) stops working. I can still get audio through the
headphones, still can get clicks when turning everything else on and
off. I can even get audio on the speaker by the alternate routes: DACL
-> HPMIXL -> SPKL and DACR -> HPMIXR -> INV2 -> OUT4.
Routing SPKMIX to the headphones gives no output on the headphones.

Oliver