[alsa-devel] Possible regression on Sigmatel 9205

Manuel Naranjo manuel at aircable.net
Tue Oct 14 16:32:22 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

Sorry to interrupt you all, but I had been trying to get the digital mic
of my Dell Inspiron 1521 for the last 5 days without any sucess.

I'm running kernel 2.6.27 with included ALSA, I also tried GIT alsa, and
the result is the same, the mic works, but the volume is so damn low
that there's no way to hear it.

I checked dell's windows drivers and my board belongs to the M4_8 line
and not to the M4_2 as suggested in alsa source. I also did a diff
between M4_2 and M4_8 and there are some differences, specially in GPIO.

I don't know what else to do now, I had tried everything. Last working
alsa was 1.15 if I'm not wrong, but I'm not able to backport 1.15 to the
new kernel, for some reason it fails to compile.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks,
Manuel