[alsa-devel] Website to Wiki migration

Ash Willis ashwillis at programmer.net
Thu Aug 9 00:54:29 CEST 2007

> Anything missing - tell about it here:
> http://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/MigrationPlan
>
> One proposal for prettier front page is here:
> http://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Talk:Main_Page
> Go ahead - criticise, praise, make your own...

The Wiki's looking great. It's obvious that you've thought about where
everything should be and how it should all tie in instead of blinding
porting the old pages. It's looking very fresh and making much more sense.

Is it just me though, or is

"Vendor-A-trend    Vendor-ALi    Vendor-AMD"

much harder to read than

"A-trend    ALi    AMD"?

Am I OK to go ahead and remove those prefixes or do we want those kept?
Same with the modules, although I find the module prefixes much easier
to deal with visually for some odd reason.

Also, two of the modules that don't have pages were written by myself.
I'd be glad to make the pages for those modules but I don't really know
what should go on those pages TBH. IMO, most of the info on the module
pages is outdated and pointless. At the very least, it's heavily repeated.
Is this something we should look at? Personally I find that it's letting
down the rather nice new site.

Ash

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com !