[alsa-devel] trouble compiling alsa-drivers

Wallace, Brooke brookew at qualcomm.com
Fri Aug 3 01:53:23 CEST 2007

The alsa-drivers INSTALL file tells me:

   On 2.6 kernels, the build directory has to be given via
--with-build=<kernel_build_dir> option additionaly, too.

What exactly is mean by kernel_build_dir? I should not have to recompile
my kernel because I already have the sourcecore module.

Configure seems to work fine and locates my kernel source code:

./configure --with-cards=hda-intel --with-sequencer=yes

But when I compile, it fails in acore/pcm_native.c line #75,
acore/pcm_native.c line #75 uses the macro DEFINE_RWLOCK which
apparently has not been defined yet.

Searching thu the alsa-drivers source, I find that include/adriver.h
defines this macro.

What am I doing wrong? Why doesn't adriver.h get included when I compile
acore/pcm_native.c?

I'm using the latest release - alsa-driver-1.0.14rc4

My Kernel sources are: 2.6.9-34.EL-smp-i686

Alsa is already working fine on this system using the HDA Intel driver,
its a RHEL- 3.4.5-2 system. I just want to re-compile the latest ALSA
software and start writing a dummy user space driver that prints to a
file or something. I should be able to cmopile all of the latest ALSA
software...

Any help is appreciated.

-Brooke