[Sound-open-firmware] A branch can be used as to-be-upstreamed?

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Tue Sep 8 16:35:01 CEST 2020

On 9/8/20 3:19 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 03:47:46 +0200,
> Liao, Bard wrote:

Our process is that on a ~weekly basis, we cherry-pick the SOF patches
applied to the topic/sof-dev branch and use a script to keep track of
all GitHub reviewers.
Then we merge the for-next branches into the SOF tree (topic/sof-dev
branch), and we rebase the topic/sof-dev-rebase branch. The rebase
process helps us track how many patches are still outstanding,
dependencies, etc. The two branches are identical in terms of code,
except that we play with the patch order (most important/urgent first)
and commit messages.
Then we split the work and Bard/Ranjani/Kai/me take care of sending
patches from topic/sof-dev-rebase to alsa-devel. When we have comments
from upstream, we first fix them in topic/sof-dev, use the fixup! prefix
and then autosquash the patches as needed after the cherry-picks and
send new versions.
Hope this helps
-Pierre