[Sound-open-firmware] Inclusive terminology in SOF

Sridharan, Ranjani ranjani.sridharan at intel.com
Wed Aug 26 01:03:47 CEST 2020

Hi All,

Recently, Linux kernel and other Open-Source software have been making
changes to replace non-inclusive terminologies as in [1]. I was
wondering if there are plans for SOF to follow suit as well.

Particularly, I am looking for guidance on the multi-core terminology
to replace the usage of master/slave cores with maybe primary/secondary
cores or something along those lines.

There are other instances related to SSP/SPI where we use similar
terminology but that likely needs wider approval/acceptance.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
Ranjani

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/7/4/229