[Sound-open-firmware] [External] Re: Whiskeylake support and kernel version

Pan, Xiuli xiuli.pan at intel.com
Sat Sep 14 15:20:27 CEST 2019

Hi Mark,

Could you check the GitHub issues:

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues/494
https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues/505

And I think the final fix is

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/pull/619

Could you have a look if this patch will solve your issue?

PS: The issue is mainly caused by FW signing check is not passed. So I am very interesting
in how do you solve the issue for FW signing? I think there will be FW load failure before the
panic happen?

PPS: If no FW sign issue, please check if you enable DSP in BIOS. And could you attach more
demsg log for us to identify what the issue is.

Thanks
Xiuli