[Sound-open-firmware] [External] Re: Whiskeylake support and kernel version

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Sat Sep 14 06:52:58 CEST 2019

On 9/13/19 4:55 PM, Mark Pearson wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> The issue I'm seeing in the 5.2.9 kernel seems to be related to suspend and resume (crash in sof_suspend).
>
> Are there any particular commits you can point to that might address just that problem? If the crash doesn't happen (rare) then the audio works fine so if I can get it stable it will be good enough for now.

I can't think of any specific commit, it was quite dynamic in Q2 and we
added quite a few patches. I would maybe look at the delta between 5.3
and 5.2.9 in the sound/soc/sof directory and try to backport this minimum.

Alternatively the backport for a 5.0 product by the Ubuntu team might be
also a solution. I don't know where their kernel is though, others would
need to chime in.