[Sound-open-firmware] .m4 File Request Help Needed

Ranjani Sridharan ranjani.sridharan at linux.intel.com
Sat Jun 30 22:54:58 CEST 2018

On Thu, 2018-06-28 at 05:58 +0000, Nahulanthran, Sanjeev wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Writing this e-mail to request for SOF support in providing a .m4
> file with 48kHz, TDM8, and MCLK enabled - used for Cirrus Logic
> CS42435. This is required as we need it as a reference to make our
> own modifications to enable the same configuration for another device
> (amplifier) that we have.

Hi Sanjeev,

Please take a look at the example m4 files provided in the
topology/test folder in the SOF tools repo:
https://github.com/thesofproject/soft

For example to test playback, you can use test-playback.m4 and modify
the DAI config to suit your needs. DAI_CONFIG is defined in the dai.m4
file and an example config is:

DAI_CONFIG(TEST_DAI_TYPE, TEST_DAI_PORT, 0, TEST_DAI_LINK_NAME,
	   SSP_CONFIG(TEST_SSP_MODE,
		      SSP_CLOCK(mclk, TEST_SSP_MCLK, codec_slave),
		      SSP_CLOCK(bclk, TEST_SSP_BCLK, codec_slave),
		      SSP_CLOCK(fsync, 48000, codec_slave),
		      SSP_TDM(2, TEST_SSP_PHY_BITS, 3, 3),
		      SSP_CONFIG_DATA(TEST_DAI_TYPE, TEST_DAI_PORT,
				      TEST_SSP_DATA_BITS)))

As you can see, all the config parameters are arguments to the macro
and quite self-explanatory.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
Ranjani