Request for setup of new repositories

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Thu May 26 15:35:40 CEST 2022

On 26. 05. 22 14:58, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 08:37:37AM +0200, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>> On 25. 05. 22 3:42, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
>>> Thanks for the suggestion. Indeed, we can choose the way to put
>>> documentation to specific branch in the repository. I've already
>>> investigated the way then had complexed feeling.
>>>
>>> ...To be honest, I'd like to avoid it, as much as possible, in a point
>>> of the essential concept in source control management. The branching
>>> idea forces to put several histories disconnected each other into one
>>> repository. It's surely available technically, however I feel sort of
>>> awkward somehow.
>>>
>>> (I think I'm enough conservative when using tools. I feel something
>>> shooting myself in the foot when doing it. It perhaps comes from my
>>> experience under UNIX-like environment...)
>>>
>>> The separated common repository for documents had room for integration of
>>> documentation. For example, I can put library documentations as well as
>>> overview page for included software such like Rust crates. It's flexible
>>> and logical in a view of top level of software stack.
>>
>> It's fine for me. The gobject-introspection-docs is created now.
>
> Great. I pushed some documents except for index page:
>
>   * https://github.com/alsa-project/gobject-introspection-docs
>
> Later I'd like to use Jekyll backend of github pages[1]. Would I ask you
> to grant my privilege in the repository so that I can add configuration
> for it? I think the same privilege set in libhinawa-docs is enough.

It seems that it's just a configuration file which is stored in the
repository, so the standard github pages setup should be sufficient.

Anyway, I made you as maintainer of this gobject-introspection-docs repo, so
you should do more changes in it, if you like.

> Additionally, please archive below old documentation repositories? I've
> already configure them to publish redirect pages. I hear that github
> pages service still publish pages for archived repositories.
>
>   * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa-docs/
>   * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhitaki-doc/
>   * https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-gobject-docs/
>
> And it's helpful to change page URL in 'About' section of right pane.
> (I think it's good to remove it for convenience.)
>
>   * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa/
>
> Today I release new releases for libhinawa and libhitaki. Thanks for
> your help.
>
>   * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhitaki/releases/tag/v0.1.0
>   * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa/releases/tag/2.5.0
>
> [1] https://docs.github.com/en/pages/setting-up-a-github-pages-site-with-jekyll/about-github-pages-and-jekyll
> [2] https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa-docs/

I've tried to follow all instructions. If something is missing, please, ping me.

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>