Request for setup of new repositories

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Thu May 26 14:58:08 CEST 2022

Hi,

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 08:37:37AM +0200, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> On 25. 05. 22 3:42, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
> > Thanks for the suggestion. Indeed, we can choose the way to put
> > documentation to specific branch in the repository. I've already
> > investigated the way then had complexed feeling.
> >
> > ...To be honest, I'd like to avoid it, as much as possible, in a point
> > of the essential concept in source control management. The branching
> > idea forces to put several histories disconnected each other into one
> > repository. It's surely available technically, however I feel sort of
> > awkward somehow.
> >
> > (I think I'm enough conservative when using tools. I feel something
> > shooting myself in the foot when doing it. It perhaps comes from my
> > experience under UNIX-like environment...)
> >
> > The separated common repository for documents had room for integration of
> > documentation. For example, I can put library documentations as well as
> > overview page for included software such like Rust crates. It's flexible
> > and logical in a view of top level of software stack.
>
> It's fine for me. The gobject-introspection-docs is created now.

Great. I pushed some documents except for index page:

 * https://github.com/alsa-project/gobject-introspection-docs

Later I'd like to use Jekyll backend of github pages[1]. Would I ask you
to grant my privilege in the repository so that I can add configuration
for it? I think the same privilege set in libhinawa-docs is enough.

Additionally, please archive below old documentation repositories? I've
already configure them to publish redirect pages. I hear that github
pages service still publish pages for archived repositories.

 * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa-docs/
 * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhitaki-doc/
 * https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-gobject-docs/

And it's helpful to change page URL in 'About' section of right pane.
(I think it's good to remove it for convenience.)

 * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa/

Today I release new releases for libhinawa and libhitaki. Thanks for
your help.

 * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhitaki/releases/tag/v0.1.0
 * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa/releases/tag/2.5.0

[1] https://docs.github.com/en/pages/setting-up-a-github-pages-site-with-jekyll/about-github-pages-and-jekyll