Request for setup of new repositories

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Tue May 24 14:36:19 CEST 2022

On 24. 05. 22 13:25, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
> Hi Jaroslav,
>
> On Thu, May 05, 2022 at 09:49:52PM +0900, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
>> At present I prefer separated pages from source since the pages can be
>> generated from the source, however as you say the inclusive way is worth
>> to reduce repository maintained by the project. I test the idea later in
>> my libhinoko repository. When it looks well, I'll request you for
>> configuration change.
>
> I'd like to fix the issue for the URL of documentation before releasing
> libhitaki since I put the URL to configuration for gi-docgen.
>
> I'm investigating to put the documentation into the same repository
> where source is maintained, however I prefer to separate the two into
> different repositories. Then I suppose it good to put several
> documentations into one repository rather than maintaining them in
> different repositories.
>
> At present, three repositories are maintained for documentations:
>
> * https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-gobject-docs
> * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa-docs
> * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhitaki-doc
>
> Let us consolidate them in one repository. For example, by referring to
> team name:
>
> * https://github.com/alsa-project/gobject-introspection-docs/
>
> The documentations are expected to be public under below URL:
>
> * https://alsa-project.github.io/gobject-introspection-docs/alsa-gobject/
> * https://alsa-project.github.io/gobject-introspection-docs/hinawa/
> * https://alsa-project.github.io/gobject-introspection-docs/hitaki/
>
> I'd like to ask your opinion about the idea.

Thanks for this idea. I just noted that github allows to specify a branch for
the git pages (github.io). Do you think that a 'doc' or 'docs' branch in the
separate source repos will be sufficient for your work? It may be more logical
than having a common doc repo (logical URLs) and things (source and generated
pages) will not mix together.

				Thanks,
					Jaroslav

--