5.5.y - apply "ASoC: intel/skl/hda - export number of digital microphones via control components"

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Mar 4 17:09:16 CET 2020

On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 04:53:27PM +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Dne 04. 03. 20 v 16:44 Mark Brown napsal(a):

> > This looks more like a new feature than a bug fix and I've been trying
> > to get the stable people to calm down with the backports, there's been
> > *far* too many regressions introduced recently in just the x86 stuff
> > found after the fact.  Does this fix systems that used to work?

> The released ALSA UCM does not work correctly for some platforms without
> this information (the number of digital microphones is not identified
> correctly).

That's not the question I asked - have these platforms ever worked with
older kernel versions?

> The regression probability is really low for this one and we're using it in
> Fedora kernels for months without issues (in this code).

It's partly the principle of the thing, if it were just patches that
had individually been identified as being good for stable by someone
with some understanding of the code (like this one :/ ) that were being
backported I'd be a lot less concerned but the automated selections are
missing dependencies or other context and people are reporting problems
with them so I'm inclined to push back on things.