5.5.y - apply "ASoC: intel/skl/hda - export number of digital microphones via control components"

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Wed Mar 4 16:53:27 CET 2020

Dne 04. 03. 20 v 16:44 Mark Brown napsal(a):
> On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 04:25:54PM +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>    could we cherry-pick patch 8cd9956f61c65022209ce6d1e55ed12aea12357d to the
>> 5.5 stable tree?
>>
>> 8cd9956f61c65022209ce6d1e55ed12aea12357d :
>>   "ASoC: intel/skl/hda - export number of digital microphones via control
>> components"
>
> This looks more like a new feature than a bug fix and I've been trying
> to get the stable people to calm down with the backports, there's been
> *far* too many regressions introduced recently in just the x86 stuff
> found after the fact.  Does this fix systems that used to work?

The released ALSA UCM does not work correctly for some platforms without this
information (the number of digital microphones is not identified correctly).

The regression probability is really low for this one and we're using it in
Fedora kernels for months without issues (in this code).

				Thanks,
					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>