[alsa-devel] 'modern dailink' transition

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Fri Apr 5 02:31:49 CEST 2019

Hi Pierre-Louis
Cc: Mark

> > > 	1) select snd-soc-dummy as platfrom
> > > 	2) select cpu component as platfrom
> (snip)
> > > It seems snd-soc-dummy platfrom is caring about DPCM-BE case,
> > > but, I think CPU is snd-soc-dummy in such case.
> > > Maybe we need same cade to dummy CPU (?), but *my* DPCM system
> > > is working correctly without it.
> >
> > It *should* work without it.  If it actually does work is a separate
> > question - that code is a bit fragile so there may be some problems.
> > Since the most complicated user of DPCM is x86 I think if a change to
> > this stuff tests out well there it should be OK.

I want to ask you about "Multi CPU" support.
When you can post it ?
I'm asking because I'm waiting it for a long term,
and "switch to modern style" is based on it.
But, v3 is not yet posted, right ?

If you can post it soon, I can keep waiting.
But, if it will takes more long term, can I suggest ?
I think there is few conflict around soc.h and soc-core.c
between this suggestion and your patch, but not super much.

	1. I will post "modern style CPU" support,
	   it is still "single CPU"
	2. All sound card switch to "modern style"
	3. remove "legacy style"

I think, your "Multi CPU" support can be implemented
on top of it.
And, I can continue, like this

	4. post "allow no Platfrom"
	5. remove "snd-soc-dummy Platfrom",
	   and "CPU = Platfrom" code from Intel card
	   as trial. If it was OK, continue for all card.

I want to know your plan/opinion.
Thank you for your help

Best regards
---