[alsa-devel] GitHub - alsa-project - repositories

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Thu Nov 8 15:20:41 CET 2018

Hi Jaroslav,

Thanks for your reply.

On 2018/11/06 18:20, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>> I have two concerns.
>>
>> 1. For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (trusty), End-of-life (EOL) is scheduled April
>> 2019. A few months remained but it's better to use recent LTSs such as
>> 18.04 (bionic) to reduce future maintenance cost. (I guess packages
>> except on 'main' pocket are not already maintained for security
>> updates.)
>
> I think that we have limited choices:
>
> https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/reference/overview/

Oh, indeed. It's reasonable currently, but I continue to take care of
travis-ci action against the EOF.

>> 2. Message for PR
>> In my opinion, notification to alsa-devel list is an alternative of
>> cover-letters in the past. But in this time it doesn't includes change
>> summary, like:
>>
>> ```
>> Takashi Sakamoto (3):
>>     aplay: delete paragraph for obsoleted '--sleep-min' ('-s') option from
>>       aplay manual
>>     aplay: add a paragraph for '--samples' ('-s') option to aplay manual
>>     aplay: improve available conditions for '--samples' and '--duration'
>>       options
>>
>>    aplay/aplay.1 | 10 +++++++---
>>    1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>> ```
>>
>> If it's difficult to include the change summary automatically into the
>> notification, it's worth to discuss that PR senders should include it
>> handy to PR message.
>
> Actually, I can work directly only with the information from the webhooks:
>
> https://developer.github.com/v3/activity/events/types/#pullrequestevent
>
> The webhook code used on my server is in python, so we can probably
> fetch the patch from github and generate the diffstat from it.
Sounds good, but I don't mind to postpone the idea because this is not
so critical issue. Readers of posted issue can see diffstat in
github.com.

Well, I have another concern when having conversation with Daniel
Baluta[1]. He post his 'Reviewed-by' tag to the github issue. In this
case, how can we apply the tag to commit history? I don't know exactly
services in github.com have good solution for this issue, or not...

[1] https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/1#issuecomment-436164565

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto