[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_hw_params resets microphone boost

sonntex sonntex at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 22:28:37 CET 2018

I have small program that captures audio from a microphone. As my
microphone is very sensitive, I prefer to mute the microphone boost before
capturing. I open alsamixer and set volume of the microphone boost to zero,
save settings and exit. Then I execute my program. I see that it resets
volume of the microphone boost in snd_pcm_hw_params. What should I do
resolve this problem? Where can I find default value and change it?