[alsa-devel] UCM profile dirs without card config

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Nov 7 17:04:28 CET 2018

Hi,

some of the recently added UCM profiles are the files to be included
by others, and they are not card targets.  Unfortunately alsaucm
doesn't know about it, and it aborts with error, e.g.

====
% alsaucm
ALSA lib utils.c:67:(uc_mgr_config_load) could not open configuration file /usr/share/alsa/ucm/bytcr/bytcr.conf
ALSA lib parser.c:1427:(load_master_config) error: could not parse configuration for card bytcr
alsaucm: unable to obtain card list: No such file or directory
====

The similar error is found in nau8824, rt5640 and rt5651.  After
putting a placeholder card config file (e.g. bytcr.conf), the error is
gone.  But certainly we don't want to allow user to choose this as the
proper card.

So, I guess we need to put some flag to each such directory indicating
that it's no card config.  For example, putting
/usr/share/alsa/ucm/bytcr/.nocard file or such...

Not sure whether it's wise to have a file starting with dot, though.
Maybe clearer to be "nocard" or any other visible one?

Comments / suggestions appreciated.

thanks,