[alsa-devel] about the dual codecs on Lenovo p520

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Nov 30 09:39:02 CET 2017

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 08:59:42 +0100,
Hui Wang wrote:

> Hello Takashi,
>
> On the Lenovo P520, there are two analog codecs, the codec#0 is
> alc662, and  lineout, linein and mic-in are on the rear panel and are
> connected to codec#0, the codec#1 is alc235, it connects an internal
> speaker, front-panel headset jack (headphone+mic).
>
> After booting up, only the lineout on codec#0 works,  if i manually
> change value for some amixer controls (pulseaudio can't handle new
> controls like "Front-Panel"), the linein and mic-in on codec#0 also
> can work.   But all ports on codec#1 can't work no matter how I change
> the value of the amixer controls.
>

> And you mentioned UCM profile, where can i find it and use it?

I gave some test UCM profile to Kailang per PM, but it's never
published, as I myself don't have such machines.  And now I'm not sure
which version it worked properly and which not.

Kailang, I guess you have the latest one that was actually tested on
the real machine?  If it's identified, I can put it to alsa-lib.

thanks,

Takashi