[alsa-devel] about the dual codecs on Lenovo p520

Hui Wang hui.wang at canonical.com
Thu Nov 30 08:59:42 CET 2017

Hello Takashi,

On the Lenovo P520, there are two analog codecs, the codec#0 is alc662,
and  lineout, linein and mic-in are on the rear panel and are connected
to codec#0, the codec#1 is alc235, it connects an internal speaker,
front-panel headset jack (headphone+mic).

After booting up, only the lineout on codec#0 works,  if i manually
change value for some amixer controls (pulseaudio can't handle new
controls like "Front-Panel"), the linein and mic-in on codec#0 also can
work.   But all ports on codec#1 can't work no matter how I change the
value of the amixer controls.

And you mentioned UCM profile, where can i find it and use it?

the alsa-info.txt for this machine is at here:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/26078174/

Thanks,

Hui.