[alsa-devel] PowerMac 11,2 topaz digital-in

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Mon May 22 10:15:50 CEST 2017

On Mon, 2017-05-22 at 10:12 +0200, René Rebe wrote:

> Ouhm, a pity. Guess that it took ~11 years for someone to notice
> is an indicator of the percentage of users using the digital in ;-)

I think two or three people may have noticed before ;-)

> You could plug a cable from the output to the input for testing, no?

I don't think it can - the whole clock stuff would probably not work
right. If you're using the input then the whole thing must be
synchronized to the input clock, and then the output also uses that
clocking IIRC, so if you hook them together you don't really test the
whole thing.

> As I’m not familiar with the ALSA driver I guess I would rather spend
> a whole month or so trying to copy and paste something together, …

me too :)
I don't even remember the specs of these chips etc.

johannes